Friday, August 15, 2008

Andrew's Back to School night...

Well, we went last night to his School and nothing really different then what we learned the 1st week. So needless to say it was boring. Afterwards we went out to Burger King with Uncle Chris, Caleb and Nanny. I think that was the highlight of the day. As we were finishing our dinner, we hear a few people talk about the rain we were getting. We didn't pay attention till one of the kids pointed out it was raining REALLY bad and about that time to hail started in. BIG hail was falling. I just wished that my camera was on me and not in the van :-( I think they said we got about 2 inches of rain in about 20 minutes time. Well, that caused MAJOR flooding in the streets and the parking lot. It was so bad that Burger King was taking on water. The kids Play area floor was flooded, the back door was leaking in and it went right up the the registers. It was bad. Once it semi slowed up we each took a kid and ran to the van as fast as we could. The water was rushing down the parking lot of fast that we had to carry the kids....EVEN AJ. I had flip flops on and lost one in the water. So I drove home with just one on. My Flip lost it's Flop. On a good note the kids finished there 2nd week of school. I was shocked how everyone was talking about Andrew and how he's a very well behaved kid....My kid....Are you sure???? There has to be another Andrew in the class then. Nope... they were talking about him. I guess he bottles it up all day and unleashes it on us.

No comments: