Thursday, August 7, 2008

Andrew's 1st day of Kindergarten

Well....He's in school. He went right in and sat down at his seat. They did a few things like Attendance, Lunch Orders and then it was Carpet Time. His red group was the 1st ones that got to go to the Carpet. After about 2 minutes he yelled, " You can go home now Mommy!!" Gee did I feel the love. So I turned in my papers and left like I was instructed to. As I was leaving, I ran into Ms. Curry, the school Guidance Counselor and she asked how he was adjusting. I told her I guess he is 110% ok. And she asked how I was doing, and I couldn't lie.....I was sad :-( So I got into the car and cried a few minutes. After waiting for him to start school so he would get out of my hair, I now miss him. Even Marshall just mentioned to me he's board. He said, " I think by noon we will be holding each other wanting the kids to come home". I said then when they do get home the will start fighting and we will change our minds. Marshall is starting to have separation anxiety like me. He knew it was going to be quiet around here, but it is a eerie quiet.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of Andrew on his first day of Kindergarten ...are priceless...I really liked the one where that little girl is just sobbing her eyes out...She did not want to be there...I could tell...