Monday, July 28, 2008

What a weekend....

I got a call Friday afternoon for a job interview. So I spent Saturday morning with all of that. She said she had a few others left to interview and she would make her decision by the middle of this week. I am however still applying to jobs as back up. I got the kids paperwork all filled out and turned in last week for school. Now was the hard part....SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!! This is the 1st year I had to get them for both boys. Talk about crazy. We got just about everything on the list except a TI-30 Calculator and Dry Erase Markers. I don't understand why the school doesn't supply the Dry Erase Markers? They are $5 a package of 4. I think when all said and done we ended up shelling out $100. But a BIG thanks to Grandma for getting them all this stuff. They had a blast picking out backpacks. Andrew picked a Superman one and Anthony found on that is just Black with Blue. I was making sure it was well padded and the straps would be comfortable for him. Since he will have to lug ALOT more around with him this year.

I am going to take him over to the school this week and help him find his locker and make sure it will open for him. My biggest concern is that they have split lockers with top and bottom doors and he will be stuck with a top locker....He is a little on the short side. I was talking to his friends mother yesterday and they only have lunch and study hall together:-( We are hoping to hear from a few other friends and see what there schedules are like. I don't think it has sunk in with Andrew that school will be starting soon. This week it getting them adjusted to there wake up times. Anthony has to be at the bus stop at 7:19 am and he is NOT happy about it. But that's like of a JR.High kid.

No comments: