Thursday, July 24, 2008

Job Hunting.....UGH!!!


I really found out this past few weeks that the job market is really bad. I can tell cause there was just a few jobs that I could apply for. I few ask that you have an Associates or Bachelors Degree. UGH!!! I don't have either. I was glad I went back to get my GED in 1998. Still all I want is a simple Office Job....answering phones, faxing, filing, the normal stuff. I have lots of experience in that field. I was a Assistant Front End Manager for a Computer Store plus the years we had our in home Computer Shop.

I did go and get my hair cut SHORT Tuesday and even got my eyebrows waxed...OUCH!!! But it was worth it...they were bad. My mom and I went out shopping Sunday for a few outfits for interviews and was lucky to find a few good deals. I did notice I have lost weight (mostly the past 8 months) and I am down 4 dress sizes!!! Yeah! But I am still big. I know Marshall's doctors told him he lost about 40 lbs around the same time. We are happy about it, but I need to get a job to buy some smaller clothes now :-) I went out today and filled out 4 applications around town. I have applied to roughly 20 jobs on line. Most want some sort of Degree, but I am hoping they will go by my work history and knowledge. I will keep everyone posted on the job situation. Please just keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the shorter hair!!!! You will get a job..just keep looking....
Don't get discouraged.....