Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Part 2....





Shortly after moving back to Colorado, I found out I was expecting. I was working full time at King Soopers in Parker and Marshall worked the Graveyard shifts with the Air Force. I hadn't felt good for a while and was late, after I got off work at midnight I bought a home test and sure enough it came out positive. I called Marshall on my way home from work and told him about the test I bought and he said for me to call him back as soon as the test was done. I called him and all I could say was....YES!!! He said did you take it yet...Yes! Is it done...YES! And.... YES!! He didn't believe it, so I had to drive over to the area he was guarding and show him. He still DIDN'T believe me. So he told his Supervisor that I was very sick and he needed to take me to the hospital. After 4 hours in the ER, they also confirmed it was true. It was a major shock cause I was told a little over a year before I was not able to have children, due to an incident years before. We discussed adopting when we were ready to. So here we were Parents. I called my mom and told her that I was sick and she already knew I had to be pregnant. We worked together at King Soopers, just different Departments. She was the one who told me to get the test. I called and told my dad, he was excited. Then it was the phone call to the in laws. Marshall got both of his parent's on the phone and told then I was really sick and I have to take it easy for about 9 months. Marshall's mom knew what we were saying and started to cry, but Dad....."Does she have cancer"???? OMG!!!






April 10, 1997 we welcomed Anthony James (AJ) to the family and when he was about 2 months old we lost my Stepfather during heart surgery. AJ took his 1st cross county trip to Kentucky to lay Hank to rest. Man, I can't believe it's been 11 years already. About a year later Marshall went thru a medical board with the military and was boarded out. December of 96 he fell and broke his neck, had surgery and placed a plate on his neck to help support it. After he got out of the Air Force we moved to Maryland and spent 9 years there. Summer of 2002, right before my brothers wedding I found out I was pregnant AGAIN!!! This time he believed me. On March 11, 2003, came Andrew Thomas into our family. We spent a few more years in Maryland and last June we decided to fineally move back to Colorado. After much talking and fighting with the in-laws, we packed up the truck and was on our way.






No comments: